Thursday, May 16, 2013

School in a Perfect World...

5/16/13 I love school. I think we are all blessed to have the ability to go in a building every day with our friends and get the opportunity to prepare for our futures. So many children in other countries wish they could do what we do, and, while most of us don't fully appreciate that yet, I am extremely grateful that I have been given this chance. However, the assignment isn't about what we like about school. It’s about what we’d change. So, without further ado, here are some of the things I would like to have for my school in a perfect world.  
The buses would be hybrids, to save money on gas and to help the environment.
There would be more large windows to let in more natural light and reduce the electrical bill.
There would be rainwater collection underneath the flowerbeds so we could use the rain for toilet-water as well as to water our plants.
Inside would be more classrooms and more teachers. This way, we could have smaller class sizes for more one-on-one and personal learning.
The lunches would be of higher quality, so kids will actually want to eat their lunch. The nutrition levels would go up, because not only would these lunches be delicious, they would be healthy, too.
There would be newer computers, art supplies, P.E. equipment, musical and scientific instruments, and sports fields.
Finally, no programs would ever be cut.
Sorry for rambling, but that's how I would envision my school in a perfect world.

No comments:

Post a Comment