Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Advice for High School Assignment

5/29/13 Our parents are no strangers to high school. They've all been there, and they've all done that. Who better to get advice from than our very own moms and dads? Below is what my own father had to say about navigating the choppy tides of high school.

First off, with advice that is kind of obvious, is stay current with your assignments. This especially goes toward reading assignments."It's very easy to fall behind, but hard to catch up," he cautioned. If you don't follow this advice, you're sure to catch yourself racing to complete the homework the night before in a panic, which takes me right into his next tip:

Get plenty of restful sleep. You need to be able to concentrate in class, or have energy to perform well in sports. It's not always easy to abide by this, though. Depending on how much you stay on top of your work, you can spend late nights studying and cramming. As long as you keep track of your projects, you can usually get to bed on time. "It makes for a healthy body and mind."

Finally, participate in activities you like. You'll be having fun and have the ability to meet new people and make make new friends. "Friends are a big part of an enjoyable high school experience," my dad said. Join some clubs, play some sports, because you'll not only be learning new things and improving yourself, you'll be socializing through common interests. 

Of the three types of advice I received, my father game me "advice for". I will use this advice throughout my entire high school career, and I do believe that it will benefit me, and, if they follow it as well, it will benefit others.

No comments:

Post a Comment